Thursday, July 29, 2010

NASM Certified Personal Trainer!

I have officially passed my NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Certified Personal Training Exam! I can now train all the people out there who want to lose weight and get in shape! I am ready to conquer the world...all I need now is a job. 
I have a workshop starting tomorrow that will help prepare me to perform all the exercises and instruct others how to do them properly. Can't wait to meet some other folks in the industry and hopefully learn from their experiences. I have been training one client, pre-certification, which has helped me a great deal in applying all the concepts I've learned from assessing his physical fitness capabilities to designing a workout and pushing him through it.


I plan to start applying for jobs next week and reaching out to the contacts that I have met in the past few months for their recommendations but until then here are some things that I have been doing:
Traveling to see Manchester United take on the Philadelphia Freedom with Brent...as you can see we sat in a boat load of traffic and we weren't happy about it.



But we finally arrived!
We also attended the Beach Boys Concert at WolfTrap.  Beach Balls Everywhere!!!

Another great thing about time off is all the time I get to spend at home with Brent and make super fantastic lunches like this one. 

Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad!


In a bowl combine:
- Chopped Carrots (About 15 Baby Carrots)
- Fresh Peeled Beets (8 Small)
- 4 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1 big handful of fresh parsley
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tbl of olive oil
Put it all on a roasting pan for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

Place on a bed of lettuce with a 1/2 a chopped orange and a 1/2 cup of cabbage

These days of always seeing each other will make it very hard to go back to working an 8 hour day out of the house. But the time will come....soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment