Thursday, August 26, 2010

Farm Share Wednesday

Yesterday was a busy day with a 9 miler in the morning (ughh 5am) before I walked with Dad. I can feel that I am getting faster with my run taking 1hr and 28min (thats a 9:40 pace) and 1 mile in the middle was a 9:06, not bad if I do say so myself.




Followed by a vet appointment and eventhough he looks like he is smiling in this picture Rooney does not like the vet and he acts nicely for all the nurses but then attacks our house!


The dreaded exam table, dun dun dun...
After the Vet we zoomed into Arlington to pick up our share from the fabulous CSA we belong to,  Spiritual Food CSA in PA.


Our Farm Share wasn't as hearty this week as it normally is but that will give us a chance to use up some of the goods from previous weeks that we haven't gotten to you yet.  It is still a good amount of food but for 2 vegetarians we go through it pretty quickly.

More Watermelons and Tomatoes! We went through 11 tomatoes last week so 6 will be easy to find uses for...maybe some homemade salsa later this week
Eggplant, Zucchini, Squash and a variety of peppers with different heats!
Lettuce!!! We haven't had lettuce in months!
I am super excited about the homemade Sauerkraut...not sure what I am going to do yet but you will see.
Delicious whole wheat raisen bread. I think that little butt end found its way into my belly, mmmmm.
LENTILS, I LOVE lentils. They are the ultimate superfood with lots of protein and fiber.


Last but not least the most adorable picture of the day...
I don't think he can be cuter

No comments:

Post a Comment